Facebook widens gap with Orkut in India
Facebook is the top social network in India. It has 24.3 million visitors and Orkut has 18.7 million visitors. Facebook had a year-on-year visitor growth rate of 167 percent in September 2010. Orkut had an increase of a mere 19 percent for the same period. Things are not going too well for Google’s Orkut.
Look at how Facebook and Orkut are going in different routes. Facebook pointing northwards and Orkut pointing southwards. If we see the terminology here, Comscore talks about visitors and not subscribers.
- Jakarta tops Instagram as the most photographed city in Asia
- Alibaba’s video streaming platform Youku inks major deal with US production companies
- Computer running slower than usual? You might be mining bitcoin for someone else
- China’s music streaming leader Tencent is killing its rivals
- A lack of talent could dampen China’s artificial intelligence dreams