Smartphone Maker HTC Posts 70% Profit Drop
HTC said Friday that profit amounted to 4.5 billion New Taiwan dollars (US$ 152 million) from revenue of NT$ 68 billion in the three months ending March.
Revenue was down 35 percent from a year earlier.
HTC marketed a series of new model this month, which allow a user to snap four pictures in a second while making videos simultaneously. It hopes the “HTC One” series can help boost revenue in the second quarter.
HTC has grown on the strength of the design of its handsets, based on Google’s Android operating system.
- WhatsApp Business finally launches in select markets – and it’s free for now
- Uber doubling down in Vietnam, Cambodia, Burma with new leaders
- Facebook and YouTube are top players for driving business growth of MSMEs
- How your business can work around Facebook’s news feed change
- Blackberry launches ‘Jarvis’, a cybersecurity product for driverless cars