Smartphone Maker HTC Posts 70% Profit Drop
HTC said Friday that profit amounted to 4.5 billion New Taiwan dollars (US$ 152 million) from revenue of NT$ 68 billion in the three months ending March.
Revenue was down 35 percent from a year earlier.
HTC marketed a series of new model this month, which allow a user to snap four pictures in a second while making videos simultaneously. It hopes the “HTC One” series can help boost revenue in the second quarter.
HTC has grown on the strength of the design of its handsets, based on Google’s Android operating system.
- Singapore mulls legalizing Airbnb-style rentals
- Thailand: Data leak left thousands of TrueMove H mobile users exposed
- India’s ride-hailing giant plans to put 10,000 e-vehicles on the road
- How this company is digitizing Malaysia’s palm oil industry
- Vietnamese investors lost $658 million to alleged cryptocurrency scam