Samsung Unveils Smaller, Cheaper Galaxy S III
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Samsung Electronics Co. has unveiled a smaller and cheaper version of the Galaxy S III smartphone with the same screen size as the iPhone 5.
Samsung says the Galaxy S III mini features a screen measuring 4 inches diagonally, smaller than the Galaxy S III’s 4.8 inch display but the same as Apple’s iPhone 5, which was Apple’s first upgrade of the iPhone screen size.
Samsung said the mini will be launched in Europe later this month but kept mum on schedules for other countries.
Samsung’s German mobile shop lists the mini’s price at 399 euros ($516) versus 550 euros ($711) for the cheapest S III.
The mini is powered by the latest version of Android software but does not support faster fourth-generation wireless networks.
- Can recruitment automation help your business find the perfect candidate?
- Building a retail app? Here’s what you should think about
- Turns out iPhone 6 is still the most popular handset in Philippines
- Blockchain to enable transparency in the fashion supply chain
- Singaporean startup aims to revolutionize house hunting with VR