New BlackBerry Bold 9700 puts it up to iPhone in Thailand
Yesterday Research In Motion (RIM) officially launched the BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone in Thailand. Described by RIM as a “key” device for the Thai market, it is an improved version of the popular BlackBerry Bold.
The new Bold is available across all operators in Thailand with a release date of “sometime” in February. The device supports 3.5 G (HSDPA) wireless technology, great for most markets except Thailand, where the technology is not available…and I hesitate to use the word ‘yet’.
In terms of improvements, the new Bold is more pleasing on the eye, with “compact and highly refined design”, with double the internal memory (now 256 MB with an SD slot to for additional memory) while the big new development is a “smoothly integrated touch-sensitive trackpad”. Similar to a laptop trackpad it makes navigating the device easier and more intuitive.
- As Apple diverts to American-made chips, its supplier TSMC triples US investment
- Businesses need to focus on new IT to innovate for the future
- Cisco predicts organizations to embrace new technology and business trends in 2023
- Outsourcing Cybersecurity is a Business Choice that Brings Rewards
- Amazon: for 2023, here are the five tech predictions propelled by cloud technologies