New BlackBerry Bold 9700 puts it up to iPhone in Thailand
Yesterday Research In Motion (RIM) officially launched the BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone in Thailand. Described by RIM as a “key” device for the Thai market, it is an improved version of the popular BlackBerry Bold.
The new Bold is available across all operators in Thailand with a release date of “sometime” in February. The device supports 3.5 G (HSDPA) wireless technology, great for most markets except Thailand, where the technology is not available…and I hesitate to use the word ‘yet’.
In terms of improvements, the new Bold is more pleasing on the eye, with “compact and highly refined design”, with double the internal memory (now 256 MB with an SD slot to for additional memory) while the big new development is a “smoothly integrated touch-sensitive trackpad”. Similar to a laptop trackpad it makes navigating the device easier and more intuitive.
Read the rest of this post here.
- Microsoft brings Copilot to Teams, improves speed, performance and intelligence
- Now that the CEO is off the hot seat, what’s next for TikTok in the US?
- As the US grills TikTok CEO, China welcomes Apple CEO
- Tata Neu to receive US$2 billion in funding as India’s first super app fails to gain traction
- Unpacking cybersecurity in APAC with Fortinet