True sells 100,000 iPhones in Thailand
Interesting data from afterdawn.com suggests True Move has sold 100,000 iPhones since January 2009. Details below.
True Move has had its monopoly since January 2009, with 100,000 sold in the time frame. The carrier says it hopes to sell another 120,000 in 2010.
When you consider that IDC estimates 1.5 million smartphones were sold in 2009, you can see Apple’s market share of smartphone sales in 2009 was just 7 percent (as I’ve blogged before iPhone and other high-end phones mean little to Thailand overall).
- Will AI put an end to the gig economy?
- Creating a recipe for sustainable data centers
- New types of malware surge by 70%, and cybercriminals increasingly target governments worldwide
- What could AI and automation look like in 2024?
- From AI-powered chips to chatbot: Here’s what was unveiled at AWS re-Invent 2023