Thai Script Domain Names Coming Soon
Thai language web domain names are set to be introduced “as early as this summer”, according to NewsFactor Network.
ICANN (the International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) has approved Thai (for Thailand) along with Chinese (for Hong Kong), Sinhalese and Tamil (for Sri Lanka) and Arabic for Qatar, Tunisia and the Palestinian territories.
These scripts join Cyrillic (Russian) and Arabic (for Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates) which are already approved.
Chinese for China and Taiwan have had their approval delayed however.
- Apple’s market share peaked in China — with 1 in every 4 devices sold being iPhone
- 5G to become the leading technology in Southeast Asia by 2028
- Weavr sets up in Singapore as it aims to simplify embedded finance
- Asia United Bank partners Alipay+ for e-wallet cross-border payments
- Intelligent video will fast-track smart cities of the future, but comes with great responsibility