Thai Script Domain Names Coming Soon
Thai language web domain names are set to be introduced “as early as this summer”, according to NewsFactor Network.
ICANN (the International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) has approved Thai (for Thailand) along with Chinese (for Hong Kong), Sinhalese and Tamil (for Sri Lanka) and Arabic for Qatar, Tunisia and the Palestinian territories.
These scripts join Cyrillic (Russian) and Arabic (for Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates) which are already approved.
Chinese for China and Taiwan have had their approval delayed however.
- HP and Google will start producing ‘Made in India’ Chromebook laptops
- Digital banks: What’s driving success in Southeast Asia?
- 800 Gbps milestone: NEC’s leap in optical submarine cable technology
- Can Google keep its ‘best search engine’ title as Apple evolves?
- No, overheating iPhones will not explode!