Thailand Set For WiMAX 4G Mobile Trial
It is not the first place you think of to showcase cutting edge mobile technology, but Mae Hong Son, a remote province in the North West corner of Thailand, will be host to the country’s first 4G mobile service when a WiMAX trial begins in May, according to The Nation.
But what about 3G?
Thailand is still yet to hold its 3G auctions so this trial is very much for the future, though it is refreshing to see the National Electronics and Computer Technology Centre (Nectec) and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica) look beyond the current 3G wrangles.
Should we be excited?
Yes, but don’t expect a change overnight.
- New Zealand to echo Australia on law for news content by tech giants?
- Will economic uncertainties affect tech spending in 2023?
- Heading to the new year with a robust setup for resiliency
- Found in 150 countries, ransomware to cost victims US$265 billion by 2031
- Cloud computing in 2023: Data grows greener, faster and more local