Thailand Set For WiMAX 4G Mobile Trial
It is not the first place you think of to showcase cutting edge mobile technology, but Mae Hong Son, a remote province in the North West corner of Thailand, will be host to the country’s first 4G mobile service when a WiMAX trial begins in May, according to The Nation.
But what about 3G?
Thailand is still yet to hold its 3G auctions so this trial is very much for the future, though it is refreshing to see the National Electronics and Computer Technology Centre (Nectec) and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica) look beyond the current 3G wrangles.
Should we be excited?
Yes, but don’t expect a change overnight.
- Chip shortage: The lack of “chips to make chips” is exacerbating the shortage by another 2 years
- eTail Asia 2022: Here’s what went down at Asia’s largest e-retail summit
- Building successful telcos of the future in the 5G era
- Extending mainframe investments with modern software development and DevOps solutions
- Is India finally inching closer to its 5G ambitions?