300,000 iPads Sold On First Day
Though it has may have a ridiculous name and resemble an oversized iPhone, the Apple iPad enjoyed a phenomenal launch with Mashable reporting some big statistics after its first weekend in the U.S.
“Apple announced on Monday morning that it sold over 300,000 iPads in the US on the first day of sales, including “deliveries of pre-ordered iPads to customers, deliveries to channel partners and sales at Apple Retail Stores.”
“Furthermore, iPad users downloaded over one million apps from the App Store and 250,000 e-books from the iBookstore on the first day.”
This figure is set to rise according to a Guardian article (published before the launch) which claims “analysts reckon that Apple could sell more than 3 million of the devices this year.”
Still however, Apple is yet to announce pricing or dates for the iPad outside of the US.
- Japan joins the US by restricting chipmaking gear exports to China
- Surviving in a competitive fintech landscape: Why anti-money laundering compliance is key
- Pursuing an Android or iOS app development course? Here’s what you need to know
- World Backup Day 2023: A numbers game
- Guardians of data backup: Experts share strategies on World Backup Day 2023