300,000 iPads Sold On First Day
Though it has may have a ridiculous name and resemble an oversized iPhone, the Apple iPad enjoyed a phenomenal launch with Mashable reporting some big statistics after its first weekend in the U.S.
“Apple announced on Monday morning that it sold over 300,000 iPads in the US on the first day of sales, including “deliveries of pre-ordered iPads to customers, deliveries to channel partners and sales at Apple Retail Stores.”
“Furthermore, iPad users downloaded over one million apps from the App Store and 250,000 e-books from the iBookstore on the first day.”
This figure is set to rise according to a Guardian article (published before the launch) which claims “a
- Getting coffee for work made faster with Ella, the robot barista
- VinFast expansion to gain momentum as Vingroup enters collaboration with Google Cloud
- How can the retail industry managed increased in-store sales?
- VMware’s cybersecurity predictions for 2023 signal concerning times
- New Zealand to echo Australia on law for news content by tech giants?