China now has 195M young Internet users
Despite the restrictions imposed by the Chinese government on the use of the web, youngsters have found ways to love going online. While others have been hooked on Facebook and Google has folded its China operations, there are still lots of interesting things the Internet can offer.
According to the annual China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) report “2009 Report on the Behavior of China’s Young Internet Users”, the number of young Chinese Internet users — those who are younger than 25 — rose almost 17 percent to 195 million from the end of 2008 to 2009. In addition, this group accounts for 51 percent of all Internet users in China. There’s also a 24 percent increase in mobile phone usage to access the Web; currently, 74 percent of these youngsters access the Web through phones.
More from SEO Hong Kong.
- DHL: Recalibrating logistics, supply chains in a post-Covid era
- Rockwell Automation is striving in SEA, with huge potential in Vietnam, Malaysia
- Data protection is vital: 85% of Singaporeans concerned about how companies use their data
- HPE delivers the world’s fastest, energy-efficient supercomputers at SC22
- Game on: iion launches ‘immersiion’