Smartphones and data rates drive Asia telecoms growth
Analyst firm GFK Retail has issued its latest market insight report for Asia year to date 2010.
The report is predominantly focuses on consumer electronics but it concludes that “the telco sector is still performing well in Asian technology markets”. As such, the telecommunications snippet below caught my eye.
Smartphones have once again triumphed in the telecommunication sector with double-digit share growth for the whole Asian region. This was largely thanks to the alluring price points of the phones; the very competitive data plan rates offered by the network operators in Malaysia and considerable price reductions in South Korea. These factors have made these two countries the leading Smartphone markets, both achieving market share growth of over 30%.
- Is Nvidia abusing its dominance in the AI market? The EU is investigating
- What is the price of doing business for TikTok?
- Cloud, AI, and beyond: Dive into tomorrow at Cloud Expo Asia 2023
- How Huawei is changing the broadband landscape with 5G FWA
- The end of TikTok Shop and other social commerce in Indonesia