Nintendo’s annual profit down 18 percent
Nintendo is reporting that its annual profit has fallen for the first time in six years, hit by a price cut on the Wii home console and sliding global sales.
Kyoto-based Nintendo Co., which did not break down quarterly numbers, said Thursday its net profit for the fiscal year ended March 31 fell 18 percent to 228.6 billion yen ($2.5 billion).
It had a net profit of 279 billion yen the previous fiscal year.
Sales slipped 22 percent to 1.434 trillion yen ($15.4 billion).
- Chip shortage: The lack of “chips to make chips” is exacerbating the shortage by another 2 years
- eTail Asia 2022: Here’s what went down at Asia’s largest e-retail summit
- Building successful telcos of the future in the 5G era
- Extending mainframe investments with modern software development and DevOps solutions
- Is India finally inching closer to its 5G ambitions?