Nintendo’s annual profit down 18 percent
Nintendo is reporting that its annual profit has fallen for the first time in six years, hit by a price cut on the Wii home console and sliding global sales.
Kyoto-based Nintendo Co., which did not break down quarterly numbers, said Thursday its net profit for the fiscal year ended March 31 fell 18 percent to 228.6 billion yen ($2.5 billion).
It had a net profit of 279 billion yen the previous fiscal year.
Sales slipped 22 percent to 1.434 trillion yen ($15.4 billion).
- Can Microsoft Security Copilot provide better cybersecurity insights and fix vulnerabilities?
- KPMG: Global economy to grow at a relatively modest pace over the next two years
- Europol: Law enforcement agencies need to be prepared to deal with ChatGPT
- Apple may diversify, but Tim Cook proves that China remains its key market
- Bolstering cybersecurity in Malaysia: Deep observability for cloud environments