Australian schoolboy blamed for Twitter chaos
A 17-year-old Australian schoolboy Wednesday said he unwittingly caused a massive hacker attack on Twitter which sent users to Japanese porn sites and took out the White House press secretary’s feed.
Pearce Delphin, whose Twitter name is @zzap, admitted exposing a security flaw which was then pounced upon by hackers, affecting thousands of users and causing havoc on the microblogging site for about five hours.
But the idea was soon taken up by hackers who tweaked the code to re-direct users to pornographic sites and create “worm” tweets that replicated every time they were read.
- DHL: Recalibrating logistics, supply chains in a post-Covid era
- Rockwell Automation is striving in SEA, with huge potential in Vietnam, Malaysia
- Data protection is vital: 85% of Singaporeans concerned about how companies use their data
- HPE delivers the world’s fastest, energy-efficient supercomputers at SC22
- Game on: iion launches ‘immersiion’