Australian schoolboy blamed for Twitter chaos
A 17-year-old Australian schoolboy Wednesday said he unwittingly caused a massive hacker attack on Twitter which sent users to Japanese porn sites and took out the White House press secretary’s feed.
Pearce Delphin, whose Twitter name is @zzap, admitted exposing a security flaw which was then pounced upon by hackers, affecting thousands of users and causing havoc on the microblogging site for about five hours.
But the idea was soon taken up by hackers who tweaked the code to re-direct users to pornographic sites and create “worm” tweets that replicated every time they were read.
- Adobe Firefly uses generative AI to create images
- GitHub Copilot X: Revolutionizing software development with GPT-4 integration
- Russian ransomware group Lockbit 3.0 leading cyber attacker in Malaysia
- Google Bard is here, but with plenty of disclaimers
- NTT to construct US$90 million data center in Bangkok