Australian schoolboy blamed for Twitter chaos
A 17-year-old Australian schoolboy Wednesday said he unwittingly caused a massive hacker attack on Twitter which sent users to Japanese porn sites and took out the White House press secretary’s feed.
Pearce Delphin, whose Twitter name is @zzap, admitted exposing a security flaw which was then pounced upon by hackers, affecting thousands of users and causing havoc on the microblogging site for about five hours.
But the idea was soon taken up by hackers who tweaked the code to re-direct users to pornographic sites and create “worm” tweets that replicated every time they were read.
- Is the global chip shortage causing more semiconductor frauds, counterfeits?
- Taiwan’s GlobalWafers is giving US its first silicon wafer facility in over two decades
- Moving towards a proactive cybersecurity approach in Malaysia
- Time Dotcom’s sale of AIMS data center finally has suitors?
- Paperweight: Wealth management is still among the least tech-literate sectors of the financial services industry