Technical glitches frustrate Facebook users
Some Facebook users were shut out of the social networking service on Thursday as the website was beset by technical troubles for the second day in a row.
“We’re currently experiencing some site issues causing Facebook to be slow or unavailable for some users,” Facebook said in response to an AFP inquiry. “We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.”
The Palo Alto, California-based firm did not indicate the cause of the problem.
On Wednesday, trouble with a third-party networking provider was blamed for stopping some Facebook users from connecting with the cherished online social network that boasts more than 500 million members worldwide.
- Will AI put an end to the gig economy?
- Creating a recipe for sustainable data centers
- New types of malware surge by 70%, and cybercriminals increasingly target governments worldwide
- What could AI and automation look like in 2024?
- From AI-powered chips to chatbot: Here’s what was unveiled at AWS re-Invent 2023