Japan’s Gundam robot conquers Chinese rival
Fans of Gundam, Japan’s 60-foot-tall hero to millions of sci-fi animation, have had to come to grips with an imposter basking in stolen sunlight at China’s Floraland Park in Chengdu, Sichuan province.
Like Gundam, the Chinese bogus bot bears the logos EFSF and WB on its shoulders that signify “Earth Federation Space Force,” which controls space colonies, and “White Base,” which is the battle bot’s mother ship.
Fans of the “Mobile Suit Gundam” became aware of the copycat bot after a television report revealed its presence. Up in arms, they emerged victorious after banishing the rival from the park.
“The design is completely original, but the park is remodeling it because some people said it looked like Gundam,” attempted a park spokesman.
- Mahindra: 2025 could be tipping point for EV adoption in India
- Singtel a paragon for 5G in Singapore
- China, India are poised to lead the global data center growth in APAC
- BlackBerry software embedded in over 215 million vehicles
- Chip shortage: The lack of “chips to make chips” is exacerbating the shortage by another 2 years