Japan’s Gundam robot conquers Chinese rival
Fans of Gundam, Japan’s 60-foot-tall hero to millions of sci-fi animation, have had to come to grips with an imposter basking in stolen sunlight at China’s Floraland Park in Chengdu, Sichuan province.
Like Gundam, the Chinese bogus bot bears the logos EFSF and WB on its shoulders that signify “Earth Federation Space Force,” which controls space colonies, and “White Base,” which is the battle bot’s mother ship.
Fans of the “Mobile Suit Gundam” became aware of the copycat bot after a television report revealed its presence. Up in arms, they emerged victorious after banishing the rival from the park.
“The design is completely original, but the park is remodeling it because some people said it looked like Gundam,” attempted a park spokesman.
- Is the Carsome unicorn status in Malaysia overhyped amidst recent layoffs?
- Managing cybersecurity risks caused by employees can be as harmful as hacking in APAC
- Fintechs leading the change for AI adoption in risk and compliance
- Gaming to learn – the latest in AI education
- Manufacturers solve the puzzle to achieve both growth and profitability: Better ERP support