Japan’s Gundam robot conquers Chinese rival
Fans of Gundam, Japan’s 60-foot-tall hero to millions of sci-fi animation, have had to come to grips with an imposter basking in stolen sunlight at China’s Floraland Park in Chengdu, Sichuan province.
Like Gundam, the Chinese bogus bot bears the logos EFSF and WB on its shoulders that signify “Earth Federation Space Force,” which controls space colonies, and “White Base,” which is the battle bot’s mother ship.
Fans of the “Mobile Suit Gundam” became aware of the copycat bot after a television report revealed its presence. Up in arms, they emerged victorious after banishing the rival from the park.
“The design is completely original, but the park is remodeling it because some people said it looked like Gundam,” attempted a park spokesman.
- Reduced tech spending sees Accenture lay off 19,000 staff globally
- Intel puts security at the center of its latest 13th Gen Core vPro Platform
- Cisco: Most organizations in Malaysia are not ready to defend against cyber threats
- From cloud to car: The game-changing contributions to the automotive world from NVIDIA
- Dell empowers the modern workforce: Pioneering sustainability, security, and user experience