Japan’s Gundam robot conquers Chinese rival
Fans of Gundam, Japan’s 60-foot-tall hero to millions of sci-fi animation, have had to come to grips with an imposter basking in stolen sunlight at China’s Floraland Park in Chengdu, Sichuan province.
Like Gundam, the Chinese bogus bot bears the logos EFSF and WB on its shoulders that signify “Earth Federation Space Force,” which controls space colonies, and “White Base,” which is the battle bot’s mother ship.
Fans of the “Mobile Suit Gundam” became aware of the copycat bot after a television report revealed its presence. Up in arms, they emerged victorious after banishing the rival from the park.
“The design is completely original, but the park is remodeling it because some people said it looked like Gundam,” attempted a park spokesman.
- The morphing world of Artificial Intelligence
- The Apple-Foxconn mayhem in China
- Keeping pace with the evolving business ecosystem with the right digital transformation roadmap
- Huawei to improve digital world connectivity for 120 million people in remote areas
- How cyber ready is APAC: Understanding today’s cybersecurity trends