Cell phone outage affects millions in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD (AP) — An official with Pakistan’s top provider of cellular phone services says technical problems have left millions without a signal in the country’s north.
The official says Mobilink’s experts and technicians have had success in reviving service in certain pockets on Monday.
More than 10 million people are believed to be affected due to dropping or missing signals. The outages began Sunday evening.
The official requested anonymity because of a lack of authority to discuss the issue with the media.
Cell phone use has exploded in Pakistan in recent years. Many in this country of 180 million don’t bother installing landlines anymore.
- Huawei, AWS, Microsoft boosting digital skills in Southeast Asia
- The digital education platforms shaping schools and colleges today
- The Hot Vendor That’s Making Cloud Storage Simple, Affordable and Predictable
- What happens when scammers get scammed?
- Announcements you might have missed from AWS reInvent 2022