Company: Dozens of South Korean websites attacked
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A top South Korean cybersecurity company says about 40 government and private websites are under cyberattack.
AhnLab says the targets include the websites of South Korea’s presidential office, the Foreign Ministry, the National Intelligence Service, U.S. Forces Korea and some major financial institutions.
The South’s presidential office couldn’t immediately confirm the AhnLab report.
AhnLab says the attack began Friday morning. It is providing free programs to repair infected computers.
The attack appears to be similar to one last year that targeted 17 South Korean websites.
It’s unclear whether Friday’s attack has caused actual damage to the sites.
- Tencent is paying a hefty price for being a tech giant in China. Does this mark the end of an era?
- From made in China to made in Vietnam: Apple is relocating its watch, MacBook production to SEA
- Beyond the legacy: 3 tips for modernizing your insurance organization’s tech stack
- Apple and Meta headsets are set to revolutionize the world, but at a hefty price
- Cloud cost management seems to be an issue for 50% of businesses