Company: Dozens of South Korean websites attacked
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A top South Korean cybersecurity company says about 40 government and private websites are under cyberattack.
AhnLab says the targets include the websites of South Korea’s presidential office, the Foreign Ministry, the National Intelligence Service, U.S. Forces Korea and some major financial institutions.
The South’s presidential office couldn’t immediately confirm the AhnLab report.
AhnLab says the attack began Friday morning. It is providing free programs to repair infected computers.
The attack appears to be similar to one last year that targeted 17 South Korean websites.
It’s unclear whether Friday’s attack has caused actual damage to the sites.
- Will AI put an end to the gig economy?
- Creating a recipe for sustainable data centers
- New types of malware surge by 70%, and cybercriminals increasingly target governments worldwide
- What could AI and automation look like in 2024?
- From AI-powered chips to chatbot: Here’s what was unveiled at AWS re-Invent 2023