Company: Dozens of South Korean websites attacked
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A top South Korean cybersecurity company says about 40 government and private websites are under cyberattack.
AhnLab says the targets include the websites of South Korea’s presidential office, the Foreign Ministry, the National Intelligence Service, U.S. Forces Korea and some major financial institutions.
The South’s presidential office couldn’t immediately confirm the AhnLab report.
AhnLab says the attack began Friday morning. It is providing free programs to repair infected computers.
The attack appears to be similar to one last year that targeted 17 South Korean websites.
It’s unclear whether Friday’s attack has caused actual damage to the sites.
- OVHcloud launches first data center in India
- Here’s how satellites are becoming a game changer for cloud service providers
- A fresh round of layoffs in Amazon brings total job cuts to 27,000 in four months
- What three years of US sanctions did to Huawei
- Singapore’s Sea Group launches MariBank. Does this signal an invite-only digital bank trend?