Company: Dozens of South Korean websites attacked
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A top South Korean cybersecurity company says about 40 government and private websites are under cyberattack.
AhnLab says the targets include the websites of South Korea’s presidential office, the Foreign Ministry, the National Intelligence Service, U.S. Forces Korea and some major financial institutions.
The South’s presidential office couldn’t immediately confirm the AhnLab report.
AhnLab says the attack began Friday morning. It is providing free programs to repair infected computers.
The attack appears to be similar to one last year that targeted 17 South Korean websites.
It’s unclear whether Friday’s attack has caused actual damage to the sites.
- Intel is ushering in a new age of the AI PC. Here’s what that means
- Google launches Bard Extensions for its apps and services
- Oracle CloudWorld 2023: Even Elon Musk’s xAI uses Oracle Cloud to do AI training
- Climate smart agriculture enabled by technology
- Quantum computing and AI getting a boost in South Korea