Sony resumes limited PlayStation Network operation
TOKYO (AP) — Sony says it has begun restoring its PlayStation Network service in the United States and Europe. The service was shut down almost a month ago after a massive security breach.
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. spokesman Satoshi Fukuoka says the company also began Sunday phased restoration of its Qriocity movie and music services.
Sony’s PlayStation network is a system that links gamers worldwide in live play. Sony shut it down on April 20 after discovering the security breach affecting over 100 million online accounts.
The network serves both the PlayStation video game machines and Sony’s Qriocity movie and music services. It is a system that also allows users to upgrade and download games and other content.
- DHL: Recalibrating logistics, supply chains in a post-Covid era
- Rockwell Automation is striving in SEA, with huge potential in Vietnam, Malaysia
- Data protection is vital: 85% of Singaporeans concerned about how companies use their data
- HPE delivers the world’s fastest, energy-efficient supercomputers at SC22
- Game on: iion launches ‘immersiion’