Sony Ericsson eyes Android market with new phones
SINGAPORE (AP) — Mobile phone maker Sony Ericsson has unveiled two new Android models in a bid to grab more of the burgeoning smartphone market.
Chief Marketing Officer Matthew Lang announced Wednesday in Singapore that the company plans to launch the Xperia ray and Xperia active models during the third quarter.
Lang told The Associated Press that the new models should help the company expand its 11 percent market share of the Android segment.
Lang said Sony Ericsson also plans to introduce a less expensive model that highlights texting service and is aimed at teenagers.
- AWS re:Invent’s supply chain, data management and high performance computing
- Scammers targeting FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar exposed
- 72% of Malaysian organizations breached in past year
- Will 2023 be a promising year for accounting and finance teams?
- New NCIe metrics hold ICT industry accountable for carbon emissions