Job: Social Media Research Analyst wanted in Thailand
Based in Thailand and want to be the next Jeremiah Owyang? Read on for a job that might be just for you…
Singapore-based social media intelligence firm Brandtology is seeking a Thai (and English) speaking social media research analyst based in Thailand.
The job will be of particular interest to any social media watchers or enthusiasts in the country as Brandtology seeks intelligence and insight ‘on the ground’ to help extend its presence into the growing online market in Thailand – which is showing promising signs of development, despite infrastructure issues, as two recent reports highlight.
Brandtology Head of Research and Services Dorothy Poon confirmed to me that the company is “looking for native speakers as a preference, due to the local understanding, slang and not just fluency in the language”, but any interested, fluent Thai-speaking expats shouldn’t let that rule them out meaning that the vacancy is really only open to those who are born and bred in Thailand.
The opportunity is a real stand coming at a time when Brandtology’s reputation and visibility continues to grow massively having been acquired by media intelligence firm Media Monitors back in February after an excellent 2010.
As of yet, there is no Brandtology office in Thailand so the successful candidate would be home-based though working closely with the team in Singapore and across Asia.
In short, what a great job going for the right person!
To apply, interested candidates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org including their expected salary in Thai Baht.
More details of the post are below.
Social Media Research Analyst (Full Time Home Based Job in Thailand) – Brandtology
- Familiar with Social Media: Able to understand the issues and trends on the Internet particularly with online communities, depending on the country of interest, such as Facebook, Blogs, Forums and other digital community based sites
- Formulate and develop social media monitoring strategies
- Understand client needs and ensure deliverables are to clients’ expectations
- Conduct timely, cost effective research in response to specific requests (data collection, summarize, analyze and synthesize relevant data and information)
- Prepare accurate, insightful reports to present research findings
- Ensure high quality reports are produced and delivered
- A self-starter with an analytical mind with strong reporting, writing and editing skills
- Excellent vocabulary, grammar and language skills in English & Thai Language
- Strong written skills: Able to collect, organize and disseminate large amounts of information in a highly effective manner through a variety of communication channels.
- Strong attention to detail. Task-oriented and deadline-driven with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have an inquisitive and investigative nature with high professional standards and a strong service mindset
- A team player that can also work independently, depending on the situation
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and strict production goals
- Must possess a flexible attitude and able to work under pressure
- Ability to quickly gain detailed industry knowledge
- Previous work experience in research houses, agencies, media or market research functions is preferred
- A good university degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Media, Communications or Social Sciences
- Editorial experience, Marketing or Communications backgrounds are an advantage
- Candidates with more than 5 years of relevant working experience will be considered for the post of Senior, Social Media Research Analyst
Relating to the interview
- Short listed candidates will be required to take a written test
- Interviews will be conducted via Skype
The full listing can be found at Jobs.DB.com here.
Good luck to all applicants.
PS: This is my final post from the UK, normal service and regular writing will resume next week from Bangkok.
- NVIDIA and NTT DOCOMO revolutionize telecom services with world’s first GPU-accelerated 5G network
- Sony battles new hack: ‘Is my account safe?’ Echoes among concerned customers
- GlobalFoundries opens Malaysian office, seeks funding from U.S. CHIPS act
- Can we expect a new AI from Amazon soon, given its up to US$4 billion investment in Anthropic?
- Oracle Fusion Data Intelligence pioneering the change in analytics