Facebook in Asia: Southeast Asian nations reign supreme
In Asia, the blue icon with the white letter “f” is a permanent tab on everyone’s laptops and PCs, perhaps excluding countries such as China where Facebook is blocked. Facebook is quickly becoming a part and parcel of Asians’ lives. However, the popularity that the social media platform enjoys is not uniform throughout the continent, with Facebook having penetrated the Southeast Asian region the most.
Indonesia ranks number one in the number of Facebook users in Asia, followed by India. Singapore finished 11th on the list. Japan and South Korea did not perform as well – perhaps because they have their own alternative social media platforms – even though they are two of the most wired countries in Asia.
- DHL: Recalibrating logistics, supply chains in a post-Covid era
- Rockwell Automation is striving in SEA, with huge potential in Vietnam, Malaysia
- Data protection is vital: 85% of Singaporeans concerned about how companies use their data
- HPE delivers the world’s fastest, energy-efficient supercomputers at SC22
- Game on: iion launches ‘immersiion’