Thank you, Steve
Apple co-founder, former CEO and current chairman of the board Steve Jobs passed away today following his battle with cancer. He was 56.
Steve Jobs co-founded Apple with Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne in 1976 out of his garage in Cupertino, California. Following the turmoil that involved his ouster from the company from 1985 to 1996, he rebuilt Apple to become the world’s most prominent technology and design company.
His other company, Pixar Animation Studios, produced breakthrough and commercially successful animated feature films and joined Disney as its premiere animation studio.
Apple released this statement earlier:
Statement by Apple’s Board of Directors
CUPERTINO, Calif. — We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.
Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.
His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.
- Getting coffee for work made faster with Ella, the robot barista
- VinFast expansion to gain momentum as Vingroup enters collaboration with Google Cloud
- How can the retail industry managed increased in-store sales?
- VMware’s cybersecurity predictions for 2023 signal concerning times
- New Zealand to echo Australia on law for news content by tech giants?