Apps Foundry Invests in Indonesia-Based Apple Community Site MakeMac.com
The capital infusion is interesting in part because Apps Foundry itself has just raised SGD 1 million in venture capital in December, which makes this a case of a startup investing in a startup, reports Penn-Olson. MakeMac styles itself as the biggest community website for Apple users in Indonesia, akin to 9to5mac and AppleInsider, which are popular for their reviews, tutorials and community forums. To date, MakeMac has reached 33,000 followers on Twitter.
Apps Foundry will take over the site’s operations, with founder Kuswanto taking on a seat in the advisory board. Sayz Lim will be the site’s new chief editor. Kuswanto says the acquisition will result in a “positive change” for the site, with more tips, tutorials, reviews and news for OS X and iOS users.
- Building a “gaming station” that goes beyond Malaysia’s gaming space
- Instagram vs YouTube – Which is more popular in Singapore?
- Robots to restock FamilyMart shelves in Japan
- AI for Security: CrowdStrike’s response to uncovering the most advanced attacks
- Why cybercriminals won’t take a vacation from island hopping