Apps Foundry Invests in Indonesia-Based Apple Community Site MakeMac.com
The capital infusion is interesting in part because Apps Foundry itself has just raised SGD 1 million in venture capital in December, which makes this a case of a startup investing in a startup, reports Penn-Olson. MakeMac styles itself as the biggest community website for Apple users in Indonesia, akin to 9to5mac and AppleInsider, which are popular for their reviews, tutorials and community forums. To date, MakeMac has reached 33,000 followers on Twitter.
Apps Foundry will take over the site’s operations, with founder Kuswanto taking on a seat in the advisory board. Sayz Lim will be the site’s new chief editor. Kuswanto says the acquisition will result in a “positive change” for the site, with more tips, tutorials, reviews and news for OS X and iOS users.
- Tencent is paying a hefty price for being a tech giant in China. Does this mark the end of an era?
- From made in China to made in Vietnam: Apple is relocating its watch, MacBook production to SEA
- Beyond the legacy: 3 tips for modernizing your insurance organization’s tech stack
- Apple and Meta headsets are set to revolutionize the world, but at a hefty price
- Cloud cost management seems to be an issue for 50% of businesses