Company Claiming iPad Trademark Sues Apple in US
SHANGHAI (AP) — Apple Inc. is facing yet another challenge to its use of the iPad trademark in China — this time in a court in California.
A Proview Electronics Co. spokeswoman said Friday that the company filed a lawsuit against Apple’s use of the trademark inside mainland China in the Santa Clara Superior Court on Feb. 17.
An attempt by Proview to win an injunction to stop Apple from selling iPads in Shanghai was foiled this week when a court there rejected the case pending the resolution of a similar lawsuit in a higher court in China.
Apple had no immediate direct comment on the California lawsuit.
The companies are feuding over whether Proview sold the mainland Chinese rights to the iPad trademark to Apple in a 2009 deal.
- Malaysia is migrating from the usage of SMS OTP. Is biometrics the answer?
- High-profile breaches a wake-up call on network firewalls
- How has the network security landscape evolved in the APAC region?
- After new data law, cybersecurity fears in Indonesia higher than ever
- Who do you call when you face a cyber threat?