Company Claiming iPad Trademark Sues Apple in US
SHANGHAI (AP) — Apple Inc. is facing yet another challenge to its use of the iPad trademark in China — this time in a court in California.
A Proview Electronics Co. spokeswoman said Friday that the company filed a lawsuit against Apple’s use of the trademark inside mainland China in the Santa Clara Superior Court on Feb. 17.
An attempt by Proview to win an injunction to stop Apple from selling iPads in Shanghai was foiled this week when a court there rejected the case pending the resolution of a similar lawsuit in a higher court in China.
Apple had no immediate direct comment on the California lawsuit.
The companies are feuding over whether Proview sold the mainland Chinese rights to the iPad trademark to Apple in a 2009 deal.
- Observing data privacy day: The importance of protecting personal information in the digital age
- Cyberespionage and hacking operations: A growing threat to national interests and relations
- Where does ASML actually stand in the US-China chip feud?
- Next-gen tech signals new phase of digital transformation for financial firms
- Layoffs in tech industry continues as IBM cuts 3,900 jobs