Facebook Mobile Hack Heading to Asia in March
Facebook is hosting Mobile Hack events in Asian locations this March, aimed at building up support from the developer community. Attendance to the events is not free, although developers will find the entry fee reasonable enough.
Event schedules and rates as follows:
- Singapore – March 19, 2012 (10:00 AM to 11:00 PM GMT). US$ 25 fee;
- Hong Kong – March 22, 2012 (10:00 AM to 11:00 PM GMT) US$ 25 fee;
- Seoul – March 27 ,2012 (time and fee TBA);
- Tokyo – March 29, 2012 (11:00 AM to 10:30 PM GMT). JPY 5,000 fee.
The Mobile Hack events aim to introduce facebook mobile application development, and the actual event will introduce the Facebook mobile platform to participants, along with its various interfaces and app development toolkits. In particular, OpenGraph integration will be highlighted, along with the use of other standards like HTML5, and even Facebook’s own SDK.
Developers will benefit from having Facebook engineers help out with building and refining apps during thees Mobile Hack sessions. The best apps for each event will also be chosen by judges and given awards. Interested participants are asked to sign up early. App developers can also start building apps before the event itself, with Facebook’s mobile guide as a reference for building software on the platform.
- Is the world still too dependent on Asia to solve the chip shortage?
- SEA manufacturing industry prime target for cyberattacks
- Tesla India and other EV manufacturers await government decision
- Don’t miss a thing with KIOXIA EXCERIA PLUS microSD memory cards
- Tesla hack signals the importance of smart car cybersecurity