Facebook Mobile Hack Heading to Asia in March
Facebook is hosting Mobile Hack events in Asian locations this March, aimed at building up support from the developer community. Attendance to the events is not free, although developers will find the entry fee reasonable enough.
Event schedules and rates as follows:
- Singapore – March 19, 2012 (10:00 AM to 11:00 PM GMT). US$ 25 fee;
- Hong Kong – March 22, 2012 (10:00 AM to 11:00 PM GMT) US$ 25 fee;
- Seoul – March 27 ,2012 (time and fee TBA);
- Tokyo – March 29, 2012 (11:00 AM to 10:30 PM GMT). JPY 5,000 fee.
The Mobile Hack events aim to introduce facebook mobile application development, and the actual event will introduce the Facebook mobile platform to participants, along with its various interfaces and app development toolkits. In particular, OpenGraph integration will be highlighted, along with the use of other standards like HTML5, and even Facebook’s own SDK.
Developers will benefit from having Facebook engineers help out with building and refining apps during thees Mobile Hack sessions. The best apps for each event will also be chosen by judges and given awards. Interested participants are asked to sign up early. App developers can also start building apps before the event itself, with Facebook’s mobile guide as a reference for building software on the platform.
- Why did Amazon ban 3,000 Chinese-backed online stores?
- Digital tech is the future, but a new report shows Australia risks being left in the past
- Safety and security most important when buying online, say shoppers
- Huawei leads China to dominate 6G race against US & Japan
- This Vietnamese startup is smartly transforming the healthcare sector through technology