Samsung Releases Guide For Galaxy S2 Gingerbread to ICS Update
Korean chaebol Samsung wants its European customers to transition smoothly from Gingerbread (Android 2.3) to Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS, Android 4.0), so they put together a powerpoint presentation guide for the Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100). Kudos to the people at Coolsmartphone for saving it in PDF format.
The guide contains important details and instructions for those who want to use ICS, such as the need for KIES in the upgrade. Going to the Gingerbread Software Update menu and pressing Update will not get you ICS via Firmware Over-the-Air (FOTA), you need to install the KIES application to get ICS.
- Google Cloud plans to build its first cloud region in Malaysia
- The rise of third-generation semiconductors
- Say goodbye to physical access control systems, and hello to mobile ready systems
- IPC has big plans for financial markets in the region
- Q-CTRL introduces a new quantum sensing that is “software-defined”