Samsung Releases Guide For Galaxy S2 Gingerbread to ICS Update
Korean chaebol Samsung wants its European customers to transition smoothly from Gingerbread (Android 2.3) to Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS, Android 4.0), so they put together a powerpoint presentation guide for the Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100). Kudos to the people at Coolsmartphone for saving it in PDF format.
The guide contains important details and instructions for those who want to use ICS, such as the need for KIES in the upgrade. Going to the Gingerbread Software Update menu and pressing Update will not get you ICS via Firmware Over-the-Air (FOTA), you need to install the KIES application to get ICS.
- Will AI put an end to the gig economy?
- Creating a recipe for sustainable data centers
- New types of malware surge by 70%, and cybercriminals increasingly target governments worldwide
- What could AI and automation look like in 2024?
- From AI-powered chips to chatbot: Here’s what was unveiled at AWS re-Invent 2023