Samsung Releases Guide For Galaxy S2 Gingerbread to ICS Update
Korean chaebol Samsung wants its European customers to transition smoothly from Gingerbread (Android 2.3) to Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS, Android 4.0), so they put together a powerpoint presentation guide for the Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100). Kudos to the people at Coolsmartphone for saving it in PDF format.
The guide contains important details and instructions for those who want to use ICS, such as the need for KIES in the upgrade. Going to the Gingerbread Software Update menu and pressing Update will not get you ICS via Firmware Over-the-Air (FOTA), you need to install the KIES application to get ICS.
Click here to download the guide.
- Semiconductor: Chip nationalism is a ‘blessing,’ SEMI CEO says
- Red Hat’s revolution: Speeding generative AI adoption in hybrid clouds
- How 5G can enhance agriculture and fisheries in Southeast Asia
- Navigating the intersection of sustainability and technology in Singapore
- Why the US should be concerned about China’s quantum developments