Smartphone Maker HTC Posts 70% Profit Drop
HTC said Friday that profit amounted to 4.5 billion New Taiwan dollars (US$ 152 million) from revenue of NT$ 68 billion in the three months ending March.
Revenue was down 35 percent from a year earlier.
HTC marketed a series of new model this month, which allow a user to snap four pictures in a second while making videos simultaneously. It hopes the “HTC One” series can help boost revenue in the second quarter.
HTC has grown on the strength of the design of its handsets, based on Google’s Android operating system.
- Extending mainframe investments with modern software development and DevOps solutions
- Is India finally inching closer to its 5G ambitions?
- Should employees be worried about working in the metaverse?
- One in four consumers are online fraud victims in the Asia Pacific
- Optimizing operational efficiency is a prerogative for the manufacturing industry