Smartphone Maker HTC Posts 70% Profit Drop
HTC said Friday that profit amounted to 4.5 billion New Taiwan dollars (US$ 152 million) from revenue of NT$ 68 billion in the three months ending March.
Revenue was down 35 percent from a year earlier.
HTC marketed a series of new model this month, which allow a user to snap four pictures in a second while making videos simultaneously. It hopes the “HTC One” series can help boost revenue in the second quarter.
HTC has grown on the strength of the design of its handsets, based on Google’s Android operating system.
- Will AI put an end to the gig economy?
- Creating a recipe for sustainable data centers
- New types of malware surge by 70%, and cybercriminals increasingly target governments worldwide
- What could AI and automation look like in 2024?
- From AI-powered chips to chatbot: Here’s what was unveiled at AWS re-Invent 2023