Samsung Galaxy S3 Faces Shipping Delays for Some Models
Customers who pre-ordered Samsung’s new top-end smartphone face weeks of delays in receiving their handsets.
The South Korean firm signalled that it had faced issues in manufacturing blue models of the Galaxy S3.
Vodafone added that it had also been advised of “shipping delays” to the 32GB version of the white version of the handset.
Available devices went on sale in the UK and 27 other European and Middle Eastern countries earlier.
“Samsung’s Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue version comes with a newly invented blue colour and special hyperglaze material,” said a statement from the electronics company.
“In order to meet the highest internal quality standards and to provide the best quality Galaxy S3 to customers, a short supply of [the] Pebble Blue version is expected in some regions in the next two to three weeks.”
Via BBC News.
- Biometric tool from INTERPOL is a game changer in capturing most wanted criminals
- AI and the changing cyberthreat landscape make data management crucial in 2024
- Global semiconductor sales to pass US$588bn in 2024, fueled by memory surge
- Dell Technologies sees AI, zero trust, and quantum computing leading 2024
- IBM makes significant breakthrough in quantum computing