25% of Facebook Users in APAC
A SocialBakers infographic points out that 25% of Facebook users — or about 229 million of its 901 million population — live in the Asia Pacific region. Tech in Asia notes that the infographic doesn’t include Taiwan or Japan, even though these are still clearly in the Asia and Pacific regions (last time they checked).
China is not included in the count, though, given that Facebook is banned from within the Great Firewall of China.
- Hype or not? Gartner eyes three future cutting-edge tech trends
- Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh is on the path to becoming a globalized smart city
- ‘Everyone will have one’ — Alibaba unveils personal cloud computer
- Which tech firms will lose out the most in the China-US trade war?
- Why Asia is powering ahead of rivals when it comes to cashless