25% of Facebook Users in APAC
A SocialBakers infographic points out that 25% of Facebook users — or about 229 million of its 901 million population — live in the Asia Pacific region. Tech in Asia notes that the infographic doesn’t include Taiwan or Japan, even though these are still clearly in the Asia and Pacific regions (last time they checked).
China is not included in the count, though, given that Facebook is banned from within the Great Firewall of China.
- Apple’s market share peaked in China — with 1 in every 4 devices sold being iPhone
- 5G to become the leading technology in Southeast Asia by 2028
- Weavr sets up in Singapore as it aims to simplify embedded finance
- Asia United Bank partners Alipay+ for e-wallet cross-border payments
- Intelligent video will fast-track smart cities of the future, but comes with great responsibility