Samsung accuses LG execs of damaging its products
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Samsung Electronics Co. has accused senior executives of domestic rival LG Electronics Inc. of intentionally vandalizing its washing machines at retail stores in Germany and has asked for an official investigation.
In a statement Sunday, Samsung said it had asked the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office to investigate executives from a Korean company who were seen deliberately destroying its washing machines displayed at retail stores in Berlin. A Samsung spokesman confirmed that the Korean company referred to was LG.
LG denied Samsung’s claim and said in a statement that the model in question had weak hinges. It did not say whether its executives had damaged the products.
Samsung said LG tarnished both its brand image and the reputation of its employees with claims that its washing machines were defective.
- Huawei, AWS, Microsoft boosting digital skills in Southeast Asia
- The digital education platforms shaping schools and colleges today
- The Hot Vendor That’s Making Cloud Storage Simple, Affordable and Predictable
- What happens when scammers get scammed?
- Announcements you might have missed from AWS reInvent 2022