Samsung beats Apple to China market with new phone
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Samsung Electronics Co. says its latest Galaxy Note 4 smartphone will go on sale in China and South Korea on Friday.
Samsung’s announcement Wednesday marks the first time the Korean company has released a flagship smartphone in China before other markets.
Apple’s iPhone 6 is yet to arrive in China, the world’s most populous country. But Apple Inc. still chalked up 10 million sales of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models in the first three days after the phones went on sale.
Samsung moved forward its launch schedules for the new Note phone from October after Apple announced the iPhone 6 with a bigger screen.
U.S. sales of the Galaxy Note 4 will start on Oct. 17.
- Mahindra: 2025 could be tipping point for EV adoption in India
- Singtel a paragon for 5G in Singapore
- China, India are poised to lead the global data center growth in APAC
- BlackBerry software embedded in over 215 million vehicles
- Chip shortage: The lack of “chips to make chips” is exacerbating the shortage by another 2 years