PlayStation, Xbox online services disrupted
TOKYO (AP) — Sony’s online PlayStation store and Microsoft’s Xbox site suffered disruptions to users on Christmas Day in the latest possible cyberattack on the electronics and entertainment company.
The PlayStation Store Twitter feed said Friday that some users were having trouble logging into its network. It said engineers were investigating.
A notice on the Xbox website said it knew some users were having trouble signing in. it said, “We’re aware of this issue, and we’re working to find a fix ASAP!”
Earlier this month the PlayStation store also experienced spells of inaccessibility. That followed a cyberattack on computer systems of Sony Pictures Entertainment that led to the release of confidential information on the Internet.
A hacker group calling itself Lizard Squad appeared to take responsibility for the disruptions on its Twitter account.
- Accelerated need for Singaporean brands to leverage data as a strategic asset
- US-China: Are the Chinese EVs the next target of scrutiny by the Biden administration?
- Threat actors on the rise: What businesses need to know from BlackBerry’s threat intelligence report
- Exabytes Network to diversify customer offerings for SMEs in 2023
- ChatGPT takes meetings to the next level for Microsoft Teams users