LG to launch curved G Flex 2 smartphone next week
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — LG Electronics Inc. says it will start selling its latest curved smartphone next week.
The Korean company said Thursday that the G Flex 2 will be launched locally on Jan. 30 and overseas in coming months.
The smartphone is LG’s latest effort to expand the use of curved screens as a way of differentiating its smartphones from those of competitors.
When LG released its first version of a curved smartphone in 2013, it was a niche product. The latest iteration shows LG is targeting a bigger market.
The phone features a 5.5-inch screen curved from top to bottom. In an improvement from its predecessor, the phone’s self-healing back can repair scratches in seconds rather than minutes.
- Does Meta’s AI strategy stand a chance against OpenAI’s advances?
- Japanese start-up builds a Gundam-like robot
- Mobile gaming is dominating consumer spending on games in 2023 compared to other platforms
- Fortifying Australian cyber-resilience through attack surface management
- What is Cyber Threat Intelligence, and why do I need it?