Google Maps gets a Pac Man makeover for April Fool’s Day
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The virtual streets of Google Maps are being transformed into Pac Man’s chomping grounds in celebration of April Fools’ Day.
Google added the option to convert its popular navigation service into the Pac Man video game on Tuesday morning, around the same day the calendar turned to April 1 in Asia.
That ushered in a day when Google shows off its playful side by injecting more fun and humor into its services.
The gag on Google Maps enables visitors to click on a Pac-Man symbol in the lower left of the screen to play the video game on whatever location is listed in the address bar.
As has been happening for decades, Pac Man eats blinking dots while trying to elude four “ghosts” — Pinky, Blinky, Inky and Clyde.
- Cloud in banking increasing steadily in APAC
- 9 in 10 organizations would make ransomware payments again if targeted
- A blueprint for data center sustainability amid an evolving regulatory landscape
- Cisco unveils collaboration framework to accelerate Malaysia digitization agenda
- Nokia creates the perfect pint with 5G technology