Survey: Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi has fastest airport WiFi in the world
Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport has the fastest airport WiFi in the world, according to a new survey.
Two other Asian airports – Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali and Kaohsiung International Airport in Taiwan – also made the top 10 list, in sixth and seventh place respectively.
Users of WiFi network location and ranking site RottenWiFi.com evaluated the quality of WiFi in over 130 airports in 53 countries worldwide. Just two U.S. airports made the list, with Europe faring best with five airports in the top 10.
Bangkok clocked in at a pretty impressive 41.45 Mbps, and the WiFi there is available to anyone passing through there for free for 120 minutes. A quick registration process is required at an information to gain access, but takes a matter of seconds.
- Is the global chip shortage causing more semiconductor frauds, counterfeits?
- Taiwan’s GlobalWafers is giving US its first silicon wafer facility in over two decades
- Moving towards a proactive cybersecurity approach in Malaysia
- Time Dotcom’s sale of AIMS data center finally has suitors?
- Paperweight: Wealth management is still among the least tech-literate sectors of the financial services industry