China’s CCTV launches global “soft power” media network to extend influence
CHINA Central Television (CCTV), Beijing’s largest TV network, said it would launch a new global media platform on New Year’s Day to help re-brand China overseas.
The new multilingual operation will have six TV channels and a new media agency, the network said on its website on Friday night. Its CCTV News channel will be rebranded the China Global Television Network, it added.
China is about to launch a global propaganda platform. Here's what to expect https://t.co/IzOgmjRm16
— The Independent (@Independent) January 1, 2017
China has launched a number of “soft power” initiatives to expand its influence abroad, including other English-language media outlets.
Chinese President Xi Jinping urged the new network to “tell China stories well,” the official Xinhua news agency reported on Saturday. – Reuters
- Migrating banking’s core to the cloud: a thorny issue no more?
- Carsome confirms layoffs after expanding its ecosystem
- TSMC warns of a price hike for its chips and Apple, its largest customer, is unhappy
- Can Grab hit the slab of profitability in 2024?
- Automotive automation – Auto transport selflessly serving the public