China’s CCTV launches global “soft power” media network to extend influence
CHINA Central Television (CCTV), Beijing’s largest TV network, said it would launch a new global media platform on New Year’s Day to help re-brand China overseas.
The new multilingual operation will have six TV channels and a new media agency, the network said on its website on Friday night. Its CCTV News channel will be rebranded the China Global Television Network, it added.
China is about to launch a global propaganda platform. Here's what to expect https://t.co/IzOgmjRm16
— The Independent (@Independent) January 1, 2017
China has launched a number of “soft power” initiatives to expand its influence abroad, including other English-language media outlets.
Chinese President Xi Jinping urged the new network to “tell China stories well,” the official Xinhua news agency reported on Saturday. – Reuters
- IBM and NASA are collaborating to study the impact of climate change using AI
- Slump in the PC and smartphone market drags Samsung to its lowest quarterly profit in 8 years
- Is data privacy just a pipedream in Malaysia?
- FIS enables real-time payments for Singapore’s Trust Bank
- As the US and the EU sign agreement for responsible use of AI, will APAC be part of it?