China’s CCTV launches global “soft power” media network to extend influence
CHINA Central Television (CCTV), Beijing’s largest TV network, said it would launch a new global media platform on New Year’s Day to help re-brand China overseas.
The new multilingual operation will have six TV channels and a new media agency, the network said on its website on Friday night. Its CCTV News channel will be rebranded the China Global Television Network, it added.
China is about to launch a global propaganda platform. Here's what to expect https://t.co/IzOgmjRm16
— The Independent (@Independent) January 1, 2017
China has launched a number of “soft power” initiatives to expand its influence abroad, including other English-language media outlets.
Chinese President Xi Jinping urged the new network to “tell China stories well,” the official Xinhua news agency reported on Saturday. – Reuters
- Cisco: Malaysian organizations not fully ready for hybrid work
- It’s all about profits for 5G in Malaysia
- 65% of Singaporean organizations hit by ransomware in 2021
- Barracuda launches new capabilities for Web Application and API Protection, expands SASE platform
- Taiwan’s Foxconn is setting up a semiconductor factory in Malaysia for EVs