Asian customers are truly omni-digital: how to exceed their expectations?
Dimelo recently joined Telecoms World Asia, which gathered more than 600 attendees and 120 speakers from across Asia and beyond. This event was the opportunity to discuss the latest digital customer care trends and challenges of Asian telecom companies.
Julien Rio, CMO at Dimelo, was invited to share exclusive insights about the omni-digital customer care management. In particular, he talked about the specific challenges faced by telcos, the opportunities linked to digital in Southeast Asia, and the right approach to meet customers’ expectations. As a study from Economist Intelligence Service stressed: “Asian consumers have the highest customer experience demands of all.”
He started by highlighting three common problems creating frustrating customer experiences and having negative causes for customer care departments:
- Forcing the customer to use a channel they did not choose, but have to pay for and adapt to its operating hours
- Imposing very long waiting times, which are not adapted to the channel chosen. For example, an appropriate response time for emails is 24 to 48 hours, but it is common to receive answers from companies after one week.
- No communication between departments, forcing customers to repeat their enquiries to get the right answer to their problems.
Watch the full conference to know more about these problems and how to overcome them to create an outstanding customer experience:
Here are some of the key takeaways from the speech:
1. Asia is already digital savvy, there is no time to waste
Eighty-five percent of the online population in Southeast Asia uses at least one social media or messaging app several times a day. On average, people spend three hours a day on these apps. Companies should quickly adapt to these habits and embrace the opportunity to develop a closer relationship with their customers.
2. Be where your customers expect you to be
When a channel becomes popular for personal purposes, it ends up being adopted for customer service as well. This is what happened with emails, and the same trend is being observed with digital channels such as messaging. Unicorns including Grab, GoJek and Alibaba, which are developing reactive and mobile experiences, are matching customer expectations and make them expect the same from every company.
3. Offer a consistent experience across channels
Customers expect the same experience across all digital channels. The channel does not matter anymore, they want to have their problem solved efficiently.
4. Connect your various tools to give a seamless experience
Digital customer care requires to use a wide range of tools daily: CRM, digital customer interactions platform, call solution, chatbots etc. Synchronizing them will favor data circulation, to provide a seamless customer experience and simplify the internal activity management.
5. Identify your customers to reduce your workload and improve customer knowledge
Customers may contact you on multiple channels for the same enquiry. Identifying customers across channels will prevent you having to solve the same issue multiple times. Unifying their digital identities will also enrich your customer knowledge.
Dimelo helps companies address these challenges by enabling them to manage all their digital customer care channels within a single platform. As a result, agents can manage multiple channels through a unique interface, increasing their response speed, streamlining resources allocation and leveling the flow during peak periods, ultimately impacting customer satisfaction.
Dimelo’s team has also met partners, clients and prospects in Singapore, Myanmar, Thailand and Malaysia. They discussed with more than 30 companies in the telecommunications, insurance/banking, entertainment and retail industries their specific customer care challenges. In the coming months, Dimelo will strengthen its presence in Asia to help companies develop efficient omni-digital customer care strategies.
To discover how Dimelo can help you optimize your digital customer care and meet your customers’ expectations, get in touch today and request a demonstration.
- Being the best means attracting the best: why HR needs to be part of a Top Employer
- The enterprise network protected by NDR: the reality, and two best vendors
- Making behavioural analytics a cybersecurity defensive force with ExtraHop
- How low-code is changing the ways the APAC is transforming digitally
- How compliance and security became central to digital transformation thanks to Qualys