Managing the complex and making it simple: supply chain management from CTSI-Global
MOVING GOODS from one locale to another as part of the trading process is as old as the hills. CTSI-Global has been helping its clients for not quite as long – since 1957 to be exact – and since then the company has successfully transitioned from a manual freight bill management specialist into one of the world’s leading logistics technology providers.
The company’s audit staff alone have between them 400 years’ combined experience in all aspects of freight auditing and payments. This length of commitment to service extends right across the company, making it the canonical source of expert help for freight movement services.
CTSI-Global’s software (TMS – Transportation Management System) is cloud-based, and the company provides a solution which is flexible, security-compliant and highly cost-effective, for all of its global customers. Each instance of its software is customizable by the addition (and honing) of multiple modules, making its offerings suitable for both the most straightforward import/export company and world-straddling multinationals.
The complexity of even a single supply chain is compounded by the fact that the different parties and methods involved in freight movements all rely on a variety of types of internal process – and not all of those are digital. But with CTSI-Global’s solution, the various touch points in the supply chain can be pulled together in technology to allow companies to:
- Identify trends in shipping patterns.
- Monitor changes in real time.
- Extract data for modeling, if necessary.
- Employ insightful reports into key areas, plus custom ad hoc builds.
- Benchmark performance of supply chain elements.
- Plan strategically, and experiment with what-if modeling.
Based on privileges which can be granted granularly if necessary (or in pre-set strata), data is made available to all users, both internal and external. And users right across the supply chain are empowered by CTSI-Global software’s remit. Areas managed include, but are not limited to:
- All carriers’ functions.
- Contracts and agreements.
- Routing guides.
- Locations and orders.
- Inventory management.
- Event management.
- Finance including invoices, cost center logic, payment data.
From each of these data areas, preset reports can be drawn out with the simple click of a button, plus, custom data sets are available via dashboards. Deep-drills into finance & transport data yield powerful business intelligence – and exports are available, too.
All operational data stays online in the cloud (and thus still “alive”) for years, and is protected by security protocols which ensure compliance to national & local governance requirements. This archive allows very powerful chronologies to be examined, comparing key metrics’ tracking, such as supply chain element performance, business results, billing results and KPI performance.
CTSI-Global currently processes around US$12 billion in payments annually for over 10,000 carriers and hundreds of individual client organizations. Currency and language differences are handled onboard, and there’s full visibility of audit & coding logics, invoices, POs and P&L items currently being processed.
From a legal and governance point of view, contract management module(s) are available, allowing the storing and analysis of all agreements, plus there are a suite of bid-handling capabilities and carrier negotiation algorithms which have evolved over CTSI-Global’s long experience in the business.
A short article such as this one cannot hope to do justice to the financial core of the software’s capabilities – your CFO may wish to get in touch with CTSI-Global to determine the extent of the power of the solution. But, in brief, CTSI-Global’s solutions’ capabilities include:
- Cost allocations by carrier account, origin, recipient, product or individual employee.
- Complete tracking of payments (and online payment processing).
- Distributed exception management (modify/prove/reject by stakeholders).
- Macro auditing facilities across the business.
From its South Asia Operations base in Chennai, or the APAC Operations in Singapore, CTSI-Global offers a local service for global markets. The cloud-based solution encompasses and handles even the most complex of supply chain operations, which span the globe and multiple industries.
CTSI-Global sets the benchmark for others to attempt to reach. For a more efficient operation, lowered costs and increased customer satisfaction, get in touch with the company’s APAC Operations office in Singapore today.
- Bring USA-style customer care to your field service business, with CSDP
- To err is humane: building a safe network for your employees, with WatchGuard
- The Manipulation of the Human Factor: Email Security Explored
- Protecting the VAPs (very attacked people) and the VIPs, with Proofpoint
- Your next-gen call center agent will be born in AI, says IBM