CEBIT is returning to Australia — and we reveal what’s on the agenda
CEBIT is set to return to Sydney’s International Convention Centre later this month and its agenda — carefully curated by the team — packs a punch.
Some of Australia’s most influential leaders in technology, finance, and innovation will speak at the event, including Andrew McMullan, Commonwealth Bank of Australia; Tim Roberts, Westpac; Kate Burleigh, Amazon Alexa ANZ; Lee Hickin, Microsoft Australia; Steven Scheurmann, IBM; Peter Xing, KPMG and Emma Broadbent, Cisco Networking Academy.
Over 200 expert speakers will deliver keynote presentations, panel discussions, workshops, and other sessions at the event.
The event, to be held on 29th, 30th, and 31st October, will feature six themes: transformation and disruption; driving business growth; data privacy and trust; the future of work; changing lives with technology; and applications of emerging technology.
The NSW Government is principal sponsor of the event and will put an international focus on the state’s technology industry strengths.
“As the innovation capital of Australia and leader in the ICT and startup sectors, Sydney is the right home for major tech conferences like CEBIT,” said Australia’s Deputy Premier and Minister for Trade and Industry John Barilaro.
“NSW has an AUD19 billion (US$12.82 billion) information, media, and telecommunications industry; the largest of any Australian state. We wholeheartedly support the growth and development of the technology sector in Australia.”
As the NSW Government, Tech Wire Asia is also a partner to CEBIT Australia 2019. Here are a few recommended sessions at CEBIT that we think would be really interesting:
- AI in classrooms / University of Technology Sydney Distinguished Professor Fang Chen
- Coming to Grips with data, privacy and trust / NSW Data Analytics Centre NSW Chief Data Scientist & CEO Ian Oppermann
- Building a culture of everyday innovators at Commbank / Commonwealth Bank of Australia Open Innovation & Partnerships Lead Jesse Arundell
- The people side of NAB’s digital transformation / NAB Head of Digital Learning & Technical Capability Jay Patel
- International perceptions on AI: How different are the US and Australia when it comes to public perceptions of artificial intelligence? University of Sydney United States Studies Centre CEO Professor Simon Jackman
- Panel discussion: Why does RegTech matter? / Moderated by RegTech Association CEO Deborah Young
- How VR is helping first responders train for the worst / Tacmed Australia MD Jeremy Holder
- Panel discussion: Are students leaving University with the right tech skills to set them up for their future careers? / Moderated by Sydney School for Entrepreneurship CEO Dr Sarah Jones
- Disruptive innovation with e-sign of mortgage / Westpac Director Delivery – Home Ownership Tim Roberts
To access the entire conference brochure and look at all of the educational and informative sessions that will take place during the CEBIT Australia 2019 event, please click here. To sign up, visit the event website now.
- Citi survey finds APAC leaning towards subscription-based business model
- Digitally-enabled precision agriculture is key to a sustainable Australia
- CBC Australia offers digital services with a focus on customer experience
- Supermarkets like Walmart, Coles, to ultimately uphold blockchain systems
- Can blockchain help Australia deliver authentic beef to China?