Game on: iion launches ‘immersiion’
- immersiion is the first advertising platform, purpose-built to reach audience segments across all gaming environments.
- With more than 264 million and growing APAC profiled users across all platforms, immersiion is also the only advertising platform that targets media across mobile, PC, console, cloud, and e-sports gaming platforms.
The gaming industry is emerging as a dominant form of socialization and recreation, attracting a diverse mix of ages and genders. According to an Entertainment Software Association (ESA) report, the average gamer’s age in 2022 is 31 years. The age group representing the highest number of players is between 18 and 34 years, coming in at 38%. Next on the list are those under 18, with 20%. And gamers older than 65 years comprise 7%, making them the least common age group. Interestingly, female gamers are on the rise, currently making up approximately 45% of the world’s gaming population.
According to the In-Game Advertising (IGA): Global Market Report 2022, video game usage has increased by 75% and demand for interactive games has also soared since the pandemic. Even more, nearly all game genres have seen a boost in revenue from in-game advertising over the last two years, and it’s predicted to increase further through 2027. Valued at US$198.4 billion in 2021, the Gaming Market is expected to reach a value of US$339 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 8.94% over 2022-2027, according to a new report.
Gaming and the future of audience engagement
While the IGA Global Market Report indicates there is no universally applicable formula for maximizing IGA revenue, iion, the global technology company that’s redefining monetization and advertising for gaming has responded with an innovative hybrid strategy.
iion recently launched immersiion, a first-of-its-kind self-serve advertising platform that’s purpose-built for the gaming ecosystem, scaling in-game advertising by enabling brands to find their target audience in all gaming environments.
With immersiion, advertisers can select the right games to reach audiences, build and serve rich creative options that speak their customers’ language, and deliver contextually relevant, personalized messages.
The result is a fun experience for the brand’s audience to engage with advertising campaigns, without disrupting the gaming journey.
By combining ‘in-game, around-the-game, and away-from-the-game gaming environments’ (the official gaming environments according to IAB), iion’s immersiion platform enables developers and advertisers to scale their mobile gaming revenue with a custom-fit approach.
- In-game: non-intrusive advertising solutions that blend in-game for an optimal gaming experience.
- Around the game: Advertising opportunities are made available during a gaming experience, but not directly within the gameplay itself. Some examples of this include banners, interstitials, playable or rewarded videos.
- Away from the game: Reaching gamers outside of gameplay where they consume gaming news, streaming, and content marketing.
“For advertisers, the exponential rise in the gaming community represents a massive opportunity,” iion Co-Founder Giuseppe Martoriello says. “As the first-ever advertising platform that connects game publishers and brands through a holistic targeting experience within all IAB-defined gaming environments, immersiion provides brands with an entirely new channel that is comparable to online and TV – but more fun and innovative.”
“We’re excited that immersiion is the first platform to really scale in-game advertising – where you can run innovative types of campaigns across Mobile, PC, and Console Games with Display, Video, and Audio formats.”
“The latest research shows that gamers spend twice as much time watching intrinsic in-game ads than on other digital channels. Gaming viewers are in front of the screen with 100% attention on the screen. You won’t find that opportunity anywhere else in today’s digital environment.”
The first game advertising platform of its kind, immersiion:
- Offers advertising solutions catered to the entire gaming ecosystem, including in-game ads at scale across mobile, PC, console, cloud, and e-sports across display, video, and audio formats.
- Is the only platform to target all 3 IAB gaming environments (in the game, around the game, and away from the game).
- Targets any audience segment + contextually relevant placement across those environments.
- Enables advertisers to create engaging standard, rich media, and video creative ads seamlessly inside the same platform, A/B test creative.
- Provides near real-time reporting to measure reach and performance metrics and automatically blacklist individual games/apps/websites, if not hitting target metrics/parameters.
- Targets all 3 media types (display, audio, and video) inside its holistic game-tech platform.
Unlike other gaming platforms, with immersiion, there are no barriers to entry. The platform is purpose-built for gaming, and advertisers and marketers can target inventory down to the ad-unit level.
Empowering brands to simplify and scale audience engagement
iion Co-Founder Sanjaya Molligoda says, “IGA is one of the most rapidly expanding fields of marketing today. It helps brands to communicate with their target market, building familiarity with those who play these games. And this growth rate is the direct result of the adoption of digital transformation technologies worldwide, the popularity of mobile gaming, and increasing strategic alliances among game developers and advertisers.”
“We are excited to debut immersiion to the market. It offers brands a new and exciting way to create meaningful connections, find their audience in all gaming environments, select the right games to reach them, serve rich creative options to speak in their language, and deliver the right message in the relevant context.”
iion Co-Founder Wout van Damme adds: “Due to the crowded and complex nature of the gaming world and its position in this booming sector, brands need a solution that’s backed by significant experience and industry know-how to best navigate the dynamic gaming landscape.”
“Brands need new innovative ways to connect with their target audience, beyond traditional media. Gaming is that new channel that helps advertisers and consumers to connect while the audience is wearing the gamers’ hat.”
“At iion, we understand these dynamics and don’t just connect brands to gamers, we connect them to their target audience when they are playing their favourite game and their focus and brand recollection is high. We also have a robust partner network to help move brands forward, supporting them every step of the way along their journey.”
Founded in 2019, iion is committed to growth on the global stage while meeting the highest industry standards available, with trusted partners including, IAB, TAG and Pixalate. iion is a proud partner of gaming publishers like Games2win, Suji Games and Game Jam. Dedicated to taking responsibility for its impact on the environment, in 2022, iion partnered with trace to become carbon neutral and stays committed to the net-zero initiative.
Trusted by 200+ publishers across 50+ countries, iion is the leading advertising and monetization platform reaching audience segments across all gaming environments. Founded in 2019 with a mission to redefine monetization and advertising for gaming, iion has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Netherlands, Portugal, Philippines, Singapore, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
Learn more at iion.io.
- Alibaba Cloud’s AI assistant Tingwu available for public beta testing after successful LLM integration
- Reimagining customer experience through people, technology and data
- Watch out Lazada and Shopee; TikTok Shop is no longer just a sleeping giant
- The Singapore government is tapping into Google Cloud’s AI tools. Here’s what we know so far
- The rise of the warehouse robots