VinFast expansion to gain momentum as Vingroup enters collaboration with Google Cloud
- The collaboration will support the international expansion of VinFast.
- VinFast just shipped its first batch of EVs to the US.
- The Vietnamese carmaker already has 65,000 reservations globally.
Vietnam’s electric vehicle maker VinFast is looking to hand over its first batch of EVs to customers in the US by the end of December. The EV maker, which is part of Vingroup, Vietnam’s largest private conglomerate, has just shipped its first batch of 999 cars to the US.
VinFast is already making headlines in the EV industry as its vehicles continue to see soaring demand around the world. Despite concerns about supply chain disruption, the company registered almost 65,000 reservations globally and is expecting to sell 750,000 EVs per year by 2026.
Part of this is possible due to the company’s well-planned adoption of digital services. In fact, the parent company, Vingroup has just announced a strategic collaboration with Google Cloud to modernize and connect its critical systems and data at a group-wide level. This reaffirms Vingroup’s commitment to adopting best-in-class technologies to boost its production capabilities, improve product and service quality, enhance the customer experience, and advance its global growth ambitions.
Through this, VinFast will be running SAP S/4HANA® on Google Cloud in the US, France, Germany, and the Netherlands under the RISE with SAP offering. This follows the company’s moves to establish local headquarters in Los Angeles, Frankfurt, Paris, and Amsterdam; build new manufacturing hubs in Vietnam’s Ha Tinh province and North Carolina to complement its existing 335-hectare digital automotive factory in Vietnam’s Hai Phong province; and expand its network of physical and online customer touchpoints in the US, Canada, and Europe.
Apart from operational cost savings, by connecting its SAP software systems to the data warehouses that it has already established with Google Cloud, VinFast will acquire the ability to integrate and analyze petabytes of historical and real-time data from its manufacturing lines and its digital estate for EV sales and aftercare. This includes facilitating advanced automation to enhance production yield (and fulfill growing international demand, including 65,000 orders for its VF8 and VF 9 EV models)
VinFast can also gain fresh insights to improve decision-making, facilitate advanced automation to enhance production yield and address growing demand, and explore new ways – including the use of Google Automotive Services (GAS) – to assist customers throughout the vehicle ownership lifecycle.
VinFast is not the only one benefiting from the collaboration with Google. The entire ecosystem of Vingroup is also expected to benefit from the collaboration. This includes:
- Building an integrated ecosystem of products and services: Vingroup subsidiaries in other sectors like VinHMS, Vinpearl, Vinhomes, Vinschool, Vinmec, and more, will be running their business operations using SAP on Google Cloud. As Vietnam aims to restore international and domestic tourism to pre-pandemic levels, Vingroup’s SAP migration will, for instance, deepen synergies between VinHMS, which provides hotel reservation and management software services, and Vinpearl, which owns a network of hotels, resorts, and theme parks. By combining and analyzing product, customer, and supply chain datasets, teams at Vinpearl and VinHMS can now create hyperpersonalized vacation experiences, including targeted promotions on Google Travel, Google Hotel Search, and Google Maps
- Helping the Group advance its decarbonization goals: By migrating from traditional, self-managed data centers to an operationally carbon-neutral option like Google Cloud, Vingroup will immediately reduce its IT carbon footprint and improve its sustainability profile. This builds on the group’s commitment toward sustainable development, which has seen VinFast commit to achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2040.
According to Le Thi Thu Thuy, Vice Chairwoman, Vingroup, and Global CEO at VinFast, Vingroup’s mission is to bring a better life to everyone, and the key to realizing this mission is technology.
“With Google Cloud’s leading cloud infrastructure and unified data platform, we can now access data-driven insights to better understand our customers’ needs, respond with personalized products and services, and create more compelling customer experiences. We also believe that this collaboration will help to enhance the security and efficiency of Vingroup’s business systems and applications across the world,” said Thu Thuy.
For Ruma Balasubramanian, Managing Director, Southeast Asia at Google Cloud, Vingroup is now bringing its mission-critical SAP systems and data services onto Google Cloud to create a robust digital foundation for enhanced employee experiences, new competitive advantages, and future innovation and growth.
“Our collaboration with Vingroup is a great example of the next-generation, enterprise-ready capabilities and unique value that Google Cloud can bring to local enterprises – including those with plans to transition to more environmentally sustainable business operations, as they accelerate their digital transformation strategies, elevate Vietnam’s position in the global value chain, and contribute to its dynamic economy,” she commented.
This strategic collaboration with Google Cloud is one of Vingroup’s key steps toward optimizing its internal resources and gaining new competitive advantages from innovation and technology applications – to create sustainable growth momentum for the future and achieve its global business goals.
- Observing data privacy day: The importance of protecting personal information in the digital age
- Cyberespionage and hacking operations: A growing threat to national interests and relations
- Where does ASML actually stand in the US-China chip feud?
- Next-gen tech signals new phase of digital transformation for financial firms
- Layoffs in tech industry continues as IBM cuts 3,900 jobs