Stay in control of how you manage your data with KIOXIA
Solid state drives (SSDs) are a crucial part of modern computing, providing faster data access and transfer speeds, more durability, and increased energy economy compared to traditional hard disc drives (HDDs). As the need for faster and more effective storage solutions has grown, SSDs have become increasingly vital for many applications.
SSDs are especially effective in personal computing. For anyone who needs to increase the performance of their desktop computer, laptop, or gaming console, SSDs are a great option.
Gamers in particular have driven the rise in the use of SSDs. An SSD can significantly enhance system performance, which gamers are constantly looking to do. Games often require rapid access to large amounts of data, and an SSD can seriously speed up loading times and boost overall performance.
But SSDs are an excellent option for commercial use too, particularly for applications requiring fast access to large volumes of data. They can help speed up your access to your work, letting you finish your tasks more rapidly – something that appeals to everyone.
SSDs are highly effective in various applications – but only as long as their data is secure. Cybersecurity is crucial for all data storage solutions, including SSDs, as it protects sensitive data from being accessed or stolen by unauthorized people or organizations. Whether that data is your latest gaming progress point or the crucial spreadsheets and sales reports you’re presenting to the board, the data on your SSD needs to be secure.
And as more gadgets are connected to the internet and generate massive volumes of data, the risk of data breaches and cyber-attacks rises.
SSDs, like any other data storage technology, may be exposed to cyber-attacks if adequate security measures are not in place. Hackers may attempt to access the storage device by using vulnerabilities in an SSD’s software, or by physically interfering with the device. If they succeed, they can access, edit, or even destroy the data stored on the SSD.
According to a report by McKinsey & Company, by 2025, the damage caused by cyber-attacks will be nearly US$ 10.5 trillion annually, up 300 percent from 2015 levels.
That means it’s essential to have robust cybersecurity measures to protect against these threats. Your cybersecurity strategy can include a range of elements, including data encryption, secure authentication techniques, and routine firmware updates to fix vulnerabilities.
KIOXIA’s EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSDs continue to push the boundaries of what is possible with this technology. They offer SSD Utility, a management software tool with a Graphical User Interface (GUI) built in to help you maintain, monitor, and fine-tune your SSD, so your data is always as secure as it can possibly be.
EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSDs address security concerns in a range of ways, including:
- Dashboard: Gives a real-time overview of the system’s status, interface, health, upgrades, and other factors.
- Maintenance: KIOXIA’s SSD Utility allows you to update your firmware quickly and easily, to maintain your SSD’s stability and performance over time.
- Health Monitoring: With SSD Utility, you can check the remaining life of your SSD, confirm that it is connected to the proper ports, and ensure that it is configured with the correct settings to ensure maximum performance throughout the life of the SSD.
- SSD Tuner: This feature allows you to customize your SSD and make adjustments that let you improve the SSD’s long-term performance.
- Support: With the Save Support Package feature, SSD Utility links directly to the KIOXIA’s support contact pages if you need assistance setting up a device or troubleshooting a problem.
Did we mention that it has a password protection feature? You can lock the EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD with a password to prevent unauthorized users from accessing the user data area within the device. The following two passwords are necessary for password protection:
- Master password: This is the password to turn off password protection. When you enable password protection in the “Set Password” procedure, SSD Utility generates and displays a 32-character alphanumeric password.
- User password: This password is required to unlock a password-protected device. When enabling password protection in the “Set Password” procedure, the user must input a password consisting of 8 to 32 alphanumeric characters. When “Unlock device” is selected, the user data area will be accessible after entering the user password.
KIOXIA’s EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD continues to redefine the storage sector with its high-performance and security features. The EXCERIA PLUS Portable is one of the fastest portable SSDs available, with data transfer rates of up to 1,050 MB/s, making it ideal for sending huge files and backing up data quickly.
Click here to learn more about how KIOXIA ensures your sensitive data is secured.
- Guardians of the digital realm: How securing privileged accounts can help safeguard government institutions
- Reimagining customer experience through people, technology and data
- Custom development vs. COTS: Which is better for business growth?
- Secure application coding: the important, under-explored security measure
- The data you need to sharpen your edge – Refinitiv