Cell phone outage affects millions in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD (AP) — An official with Pakistan’s top provider of cellular phone services says technical problems have left millions without a signal in the country’s north.
The official says Mobilink’s experts and technicians have had success in reviving service in certain pockets on Monday.
More than 10 million people are believed to be affected due to dropping or missing signals. The outages began Sunday evening.
The official requested anonymity because of a lack of authority to discuss the issue with the media.
Cell phone use has exploded in Pakistan in recent years. Many in this country of 180 million don’t bother installing landlines anymore.
- Can cross-border drone deliveries between Malaysia and Singapore work?
- Maxis and Huawei set a new benchmark with 5.5G trial in Malaysia and Southeast Asia
- Five ways a comprehensive Business Spend Management platform can unlock growth for your business
- Law enforcement strikes back with rewards: the fall of a major cybercrime syndicate, LockBit
- Google Gemma: An open source AI model for everyone?