Samsung Releases Guide For Galaxy S2 Gingerbread to ICS Update
Korean chaebol Samsung wants its European customers to transition smoothly from Gingerbread (Android 2.3) to Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS, Android 4.0), so they put together a powerpoint presentation guide for the Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100). Kudos to the people at Coolsmartphone for saving it in PDF format.
The guide contains important details and instructions for those who want to use ICS, such as the need for KIES in the upgrade. Going to the Gingerbread Software Update menu and pressing Update will not get you ICS via Firmware Over-the-Air (FOTA), you need to install the KIES application to get ICS.
- A year of high-severity attacks and groundbreaking cybersecurity strategies in 2023
- How default probability analytics can make a difference
- SMIC defying US sanctions with 5nm innovation and Huawei alliance
- Nvidia’s CEO, Jensen Huang: AI will take over coding, making learning optional
- Chinese cloud companies in pricing war as Alibaba slashes prices