It’s a brave new world: How generative AI becomes the game-changer in cybersecurity
- New AI analyst levels the cybersecurity playing field for all.
- Charlotte AI utilizes top-tier security data from trillions of events.
In the swiftly progressing digital era, a formidable force quietly emerges, promising to redefine the landscape of cybersecurity — this force is generative AI. No longer merely a participant in discussions surrounding digital security, this ground-breaking innovation is taking control, dictating the terms of engagement.
Cyber threats are constantly developing, with perpetrators honing their skills, creating novel scripts, appropriating legitimate tools, and discovering fresh ways to avoid detection. The 2023 Global Threat Report from CrowdStrike reveals that a staggering 71% of attacks now operate without malware, and a concerning 80% of attacks involve the use of stolen or hijacked credentials.
CrowdStrike presents Charlotte AI, a revolutionary generative AI cybersecurity analyst, designed to democratize security. This solution is set to empower every user of the CrowdStrike Falcon platform — from the uninitiated to security experts — transforming them into power users. Charlotte AI aims to address some of the most pressing challenges in the security sector, including closing the cybersecurity skills gap and speeding up response times to stay one step ahead of potential adversaries.
By leveraging the most precise security data globally—continually refined through an extensive human feedback cycle—Charlotte AI allows users to pose questions in their natural language and receive intuitive responses from the CrowdStrike Falcon platform. This capability means that users at all skill levels can respond more efficiently and quickly to various situations, from advanced threat detection and investigation to threat hunting, remediation, and beyond.
Introducing the generative AI era of cybersecurity
Currently available in a private customer preview, Charlotte AI initially tackles three use cases:
- Democratizing cybersecurity – empowering every user: Charlotte AI provides all users, from the IT helpdesk team to high-level executives such as CISOs and CIOs, the ability to rapidly ask essential questions, for instance, “What is our risk level against the latest Microsoft vulnerability?” This direct communication yields real-time, actionable insights, enhances data-driven, risk-focused decision-making, and accelerates the rate of response.
- Boosting security analyst productivity through AI-powered threat hunting: Charlotte AI equips less experienced IT and security professionals to make informed decisions faster, bridging the skills gap and reducing response time to critical incidents. Even new security analysts can operate the CrowdStrike Falcon platform with the skill of a more advanced SOC analyst.
- Serving as a force multiplier for security experts: Charlotte AI allows seasoned security experts to automate repetitive tasks, such as data collection, extraction, and basic threat search and detection. At the same time, it simplifies more advanced security actions, accelerating enterprise-wide XDR use cases directly from the CrowdStrike Falcon platform. This automation leads to quicker, more straightforward threat hunting and remediation.
The CrowdStrike data advantage
While generative AI holds the potential to democratize cybersecurity, its ultimate impact hinges on the quality, context, and completeness of the underlying data. Charlotte AI uses the world’s most accurate security data, encompassing trillions of security events captured in the CrowdStrike Threat Graph, asset telemetry across users, devices, identities, cloud workloads, and CrowdStrike’s industry-leading threat intelligence.
The most critical data set — unique to CrowdStrike — is human-validated content. Charlotte AI benefits from continuous human feedback from various CrowdStrike resources, such as Falcon OverWatch managed threat hunting, Falcon Complete managed detection and response, CrowdStrike Services, and CrowdStrike Intelligence. This substantial human intelligence data set, used to prevent breaches in real-world scenarios, is unique to CrowdStrike. As it has done from the start, only CrowdStrike brings this potent combination of security telemetry, threat intelligence, and human-validated content together into the most powerful data fabric in cybersecurity.
Mike Sentonas, President of CrowdStrike, highlights that ever since its inception, CrowdStrike has been at the forefront of integrating AI into cybersecurity. The company’s innovative approach has been instrumental in identifying adversary actions and combating complex attacks to prevent breaches.
“With the introduction of Charlotte AI, we’re delivering the next innovation that will help users of all skill levels improve their ability to stop breaches while reducing security operations complexity,” said Sentonas. “Our approach has always been rooted in the belief that the combination of AI and human intelligence together will transform cybersecurity. We believe our continuous feedback loop on human-validated content is critical, and because of this, no other vendor will be able to match the security and business outcomes of CrowdStrike’s approach to generative AI.”
- Can cross-border drone deliveries between Malaysia and Singapore work?
- Maxis and Huawei set a new benchmark with 5.5G trial in Malaysia and Southeast Asia
- Five ways a comprehensive Business Spend Management platform can unlock growth for your business
- Law enforcement strikes back with rewards: the fall of a major cybercrime syndicate, LockBit
- Google Gemma: An open source AI model for everyone?