Sony Launches Stylish Xperia Miro & Dual-SIM Xperia Tipo Android Smartphones
Sony is getting busy with filling their product line with devices that cater to various needs. After the top of the line Xperia S, the midrange Xperia Sola and the durable Xperia go and Xperia acro S, Sony is now introducing two new devices to the market, which includes a dual-SIM entry-level Android phone, which should be popular with the masses at the right price.
Sony Xperia miro
Sony has announced the Xperia miro to be a stylish, fun and easy to use smartphone. The device features deep Facebook integration and Sony’s xLOUD technology for improving multimedia playback. The Xperia miro also highlights a slim and stylish design, which should be ideal for smartphone users who don’t want to carry around a clunky-looking device.
Xperia marketing director Calum MacDougall says Sony’s latest smartphones are for customers “looking for entertainment experiences and functionality traditionally associated with high-end Android smartphones.” He adds that the “Xperia miro is for those who want an integrated
social media and a great music experience.”
Sony Xperia miro specs:
- 3.5″ display
- 5MP camera and brilliant quality video recording at 30fps
- Sony’s xLOUD audio technology gives crisp and loud sound
- Deep Facebook integration with contacts, gallery and the music player for sharing and discovery
- Customizable illuminations for incoming messages and social updates
- Front-facing camera for video chat between smartphones, tablets and PCs
- Contactless DLNA connectivity to easily view content like photos and videos on a TV, tablet and PC
- Powerful battery with more than 24hrs usage time
- Available in black, black/pink, white and white/gold colours
Sony Xperia tipo & Xperia tipodual
Meanwhile, the Xperia tipo is aimed at “customers who want to realize the benefits of a smartphone for the first time as they migrate from a feature phone,” says MacDougall. The Xperia tipo offers a simple and easy to use interface, with a dedicated setup gude, built in apps for data usage monitoring and a better-than-usual battery life for an Android device.
The Xperia tipo comes in two variants: a single-SIM and a dual-SIM version. The dual-SIM variant is likely to be more popular with users who prefer to keep two lines active without the need to carry separate devices.
Sony Xperia tipo specs
- 3.2″ scratch-resistant mineral glass display
- 3.2MP camera
- Dedicated set-up guide
- Data management solution to identify data usage
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for easy content sharing and web access
- Powerful battery, 1500 maH, with more than 24hrs usage time
- Available in red, white, blue and black
Both the Sony Xperia miro and Xperia tipo will launch this 3rd quarter of 2012, and will be shipped with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Can cross-border drone deliveries between Malaysia and Singapore work?
- Maxis and Huawei set a new benchmark with 5.5G trial in Malaysia and Southeast Asia
- Five ways a comprehensive Business Spend Management platform can unlock growth for your business
- Law enforcement strikes back with rewards: the fall of a major cybercrime syndicate, LockBit
- Google Gemma: An open source AI model for everyone?