Millions download new Internet Explorer
Millions of people have downloaded Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) since Microsoft released the test version of its next-generation Web browser a week ago.
“The initial reaction has been pretty overwhelming, and we are very humbled by the response our customers have had,” Roger Capriotti of the Windows team at Microsoft said in a blog post.
More than two million people around the world downloaded the beta IE9 during the two days following its release on September 15, according to Capriotti.
Microsoft’s lean, muscular new Internet Explorer browser was crafted to spotlight slick websites and beat back competition from Firefox and Google in the Web browser arena.
- Samsung introduces a groundbreaking microSD card for enhanced AI capabilities
- AWS strikes AI collaboration deals with Malaysian telcos at MWC 2024
- Retrieval augmented generative AI in backup and recovery
- Five cool gadgets announced at MWC 2024
- OpenAI faces New York Times hacking allegations while exploring deals with Tumblr