IDC predictions for telecoms in Southeast Asia
Analyst firm IDC has been busy publishing interesting predictions and statistics (one is here), the latest being Southeast Asia Telecommunication Top 10 Predictions: 2010 The Year for an Upswing.
This list serves as an interesting warm-up for the company’s soon-to-be-announced predictions for Thailand.
Here are the predictions with value-add comments accordingly.
1. Telecommunication Services will Perform Strongly in 2010
The SEA telecommunication services market, encompassing mobile voice, mobile data, fixed telephony, corporate data and Internet access services (IAS), will reach US$36.1 billion in 2010, or 8% higher than its 2009 performance.
Mobile data will lead the growth with a projected 13% revenue expansion, fueled by aggressive competition, wider services selection and strong drive for services such as mobile Internet and a host of content and applications. Growth will be highest for Vietnam and Indonesia at 15% and 13% year-on-year (YoY), respectively.
- Intel is ushering in a new age of the AI PC. Here’s what that means
- Google launches Bard Extensions for its apps and services
- Oracle CloudWorld 2023: Even Elon Musk’s xAI uses Oracle Cloud to do AI training
- Climate smart agriculture enabled by technology
- Quantum computing and AI getting a boost in South Korea