IDC predictions for telecoms in Southeast Asia
Analyst firm IDC has been busy publishing interesting predictions and statistics (one is here), the latest being Southeast Asia Telecommunication Top 10 Predictions: 2010 The Year for an Upswing.
This list serves as an interesting warm-up for the company’s soon-to-be-announced predictions for Thailand.
Here are the predictions with value-add comments accordingly.
1. Telecommunication Services will Perform Strongly in 2010
The SEA telecommunication services market, encompassing mobile voice, mobile data, fixed telephony, corporate data and Internet access services (IAS), will reach US$36.1 billion in 2010, or 8% higher than its 2009 performance.
Mobile data will lead the growth with a projected 13% revenue expansion, fueled by aggressive competition, wider services selection and strong drive for services such as mobile Internet and a host of content and applications. Growth will be highest for Vietnam and Indonesia at 15% and 13% year-on-year (YoY), respectively.
- IBM: Tech continues to play a crucial role in 2023
- Getting coffee for work made faster with Ella, the robot barista
- VinFast expansion to gain momentum as Vingroup enters collaboration with Google Cloud
- How can the retail industry manage increased in-store sales?
- VMware’s cybersecurity predictions for 2023 signal concerning times