Samsung Corby too rude for Thailand
Samsung has announced two new devices named Corby ,which will need an immediate rebrand in the Asia Pacific area as vice president of telecommunications for Samsung Australia Tyler McGee told APC Mag.
McGee says that the Corby name will likely also not be used in Thailand “because in the Thai language, I believe ‘corby’ is a rude word.”
Direct translation answers on a postcard please.
The device will also be renamed in Australia to avoid connection with Schapelle Corby, an Australian drug smuggler serving 20 years after being convicted in Indonesia, though it is unclear whether the devices will be rebranded for the Indonesian market.
- Cisco to provide private 5G network to enterprises in Malaysia with TM
- Here are the cities leading the data center growth in Asia Pacific
- For SMBs in Singapore, 5G is not as complicated as it seems
- The Great Layoff has not dampened the demand for tech talent
- Empowering security for mission-critical applications