Samsung Corby too rude for Thailand
Samsung has announced two new devices named Corby ,which will need an immediate rebrand in the Asia Pacific area as vice president of telecommunications for Samsung Australia Tyler McGee told APC Mag.
McGee says that the Corby name will likely also not be used in Thailand “because in the Thai language, I believe ‘corby’ is a rude word.”
Direct translation answers on a postcard please.
The device will also be renamed in Australia to avoid connection with Schapelle Corby, an Australian drug smuggler serving 20 years after being convicted in Indonesia, though it is unclear whether the devices will be rebranded for the Indonesian market.
- Microsoft brings Copilot to Teams, improves speed, performance and intelligence
- Now that the CEO is off the hot seat, what’s next for TikTok in the US?
- As the US grills TikTok CEO, China welcomes Apple CEO
- Tata Neu to receive US$2 billion in funding as India’s first super app fails to gain traction
- Unpacking cybersecurity in APAC with Fortinet