SKorean police: Gamer, 15, kills himself, mother
South Korean police say a 15-year-old boy has committed suicide after killing his mother in a fight over Internet games.
Police official Jung Yo-il said Tuesday that the student hanged himself. Jung says the boy’s mother had been strangled in their home in the southeastern port city of Busan.
Jung says the fight started Monday night after the mother scolded her son for playing computer games.
He says the student’s younger sister said her brother had been playing violent Internet games for the past two to three years.
South Korea estimates some 2 million people are Internet addicts. The country is considered one of the world’s most technologically wired, with more than 90 percent of homes having broadband Internet access.
- Can we expect a new AI from Amazon soon, given its up to US$4 billion investment in Anthropic?
- Oracle Fusion Data Intelligence pioneering the change in analytics
- How secure are mobile-only internet browsers?
- The clock is ticking for TikTok in Indonesia. Here’s why
- ChatGPT now capable of voice conversations