Vending machine grows lettuce without sunlight
We all know about the Japan’s obsession with vending machines. There is truly one everywhere you turn in most cities for almost every product under the sun but despite the diversity, there are vending machines and then there are vending machines.
The one below grows 20,000 heads of lettuce a year without benefit of sunlight.
This vending machine has become a celebrity, appearing on blogs all over the Internet during the course of the last few months.
Fluorescent 40-watt bulbs housed in a chrome structure that can be stored conveniently in any restaurant reap a surprising yield of 60 heads of lettuce per day.
- Observing data privacy day: The importance of protecting personal information in the digital age
- Cyberespionage and hacking operations: A growing threat to national interests and relations
- Where does ASML actually stand in the US-China chip feud?
- Next-gen tech signals new phase of digital transformation for financial firms
- Layoffs in tech industry continues as IBM cuts 3,900 jobs