Vending machine grows lettuce without sunlight
We all know about the Japan’s obsession with vending machines. There is truly one everywhere you turn in most cities for almost every product under the sun but despite the diversity, there are vending machines and then there are vending machines.
The one below grows 20,000 heads of lettuce a year without benefit of sunlight.
This vending machine has become a celebrity, appearing on blogs all over the Internet during the course of the last few months.
Fluorescent 40-watt bulbs housed in a chrome structure that can be stored conveniently in any restaurant reap a surprising yield of 60 heads of lettuce per day.
- Is India finally inching closer to its 5G ambitions?
- Should employees be worried about working in the metaverse?
- One in four consumers are online fraud victims in the Asia Pacific
- Optimizing operational efficiency is a prerogative for the manufacturing industry
- Driver shortages: An increasingly dire issue for e-hailing companies in Malaysia